NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Area Drug and Therapeutics Committee
GGC Medicines has been designed as a tool to assist in promoting high quality, safe and cost-effective prescribing within the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board. The website has useful resources for prescribers and patients including:
- The GGC Adult Medicines Formulary as a searchable or navigational database
- The Adult Therapeutics Handbook: an essential resource for junior medical staff working in NHSGGC
- Current prescribing and clinical information via the Medicines Update suite of publications
- Information for patients on access to medicines
- Policies relating to medicines in NHSGGC
- Other formularies
GGC Medicines App: Have your say! FINAL CHANCE
The GGC Medicines app was launched in summer 2014 with the aim of providing up to date practical clinical guidance for newly-qualified medical staff, those clinicians working outside their own specialty and other health professionals in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
We're very keen to here your views on what you think of the app and how it has impacted on your clinical role and urge you to take part in this short anonymous survey by clicking the link below.
Click here to complete the survey
The survey is open until Wednesday 12th November 2014
GGC Medicines App available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android® phones and tablets
- The GGC Medicines App is now available to download for free!
- The app contains the Adult Therapeutic Handbook, access to the Medicines Update suite of bulletins, access to the GGC Adult Formulary and dosing calculators for gentamicin and vancomycin in adults in NHSGGC.
- NOTE FOR ANDROID USERS: In order to display the flowcharts in the app, you must have an app that is capable of opening PDF files installed on your device, for example 'Adobe Reader', which is free to download from Google Play.
- If you have an Android device that cannot access Google Play (e.g. Amazon Fire tablet), please contact us and we can email you the installation file directly.
GGC Prescribing is moving to GGC Medicines
- Over the next few months, the GGC Prescribing website will become the GGC Medicines website, though you will notice few other changes other than the eventual change of the title and a redirection to the new website address: www.ggcmedicines.org.uk which is already live! Update your favourites now!
PostScript is now called Medicines Update
- From August 1st, the PostScript suite of bulletins will be changing to the Medicines Update suite of bulletins
DOMPERIDONE (April 2014): Following a Europe-wide review, the MHRA issued advice to healthcare professionals relating to the use of domperidone, restricting its use to relief or nausea and vomiting, advising that it should be used at the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time, and highlighting changes to the contraindications, dosing and duration of treatment of the medicine. The full advice from the MHRA can be accessed here.