NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Area Drug and Therapeutics Committee
This site has been designed as a tool to assist in promoting high quality, safe and cost-effective prescribing within the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board. The website has useful resources for prescribers and patients including:
- The GGC Adult Medicines Formulary as a searchable or navigational database
- The Therapeutic Handbook: an essential resource for junior medical staff working in NHSGGC
- Current prescribing and clinical information via the PostScript suite of publications
- Information for patients on access to medicines
- Policies relating to medicines in NHSGGC
- Other formularies
GGC Prescribing is to become GGC Medicines
- Over the next few months, the GGC Prescribing website will become the GGC Medicines website, though you will notice few other changes other than the title and a redirection to the new website address, which we'll circulate once ready.
PostScript is to become Medicines Update
- The PostScript suite of bulletins will be changing to the Medicines Update suite of bulletins
GGC Medicines App
- The GGC Medicines Smartphone App will be available very soon.
- It has been developed for iPhones, iPads and Android mobile phones and tablets
- The app contains the the Therapeutic Handbook, access to the Medicines Update suite of bulletins (PostScript), access to the GGC Adult Formulary and dosing calculators for gentamicin and vancomycin in adults in NHSGGC.
- Check back to this site for updates on launch
DOMPERIDONE (April 2014): Following a Europe-wide review, the MHRA issued advice to healthcare professionals relating to the use of domperidone, restricting its use to relief or nausea and vomiting, advising that it should be used at the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time, and highlighting changes to the contraindications, dosing and duration of treatment of the medicine. The full advice from the MHRA can be accessed here.