NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Area Drug and Therapeutics Committee
Greater Glasgow and Clyde Prescribing
This site has been designed as a tool to assist in promoting high quality, safe and cost-effective prescribing within the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board. The website has useful resources for prescribers and patients including:
- The GGC Adult Medicines Formulary as a searchable or navigational database
- The Therapeutic Handbook: an essential resource for junior medical staff working in NHSGGC
- Current prescribing and clinical information via the PostScript suite of publications
- Information for patients on access to medicines
- Policies relating to medicines in NHSGGC
- Other formularies
About the GGC Adult Formulary:
- The Formulary is intended to cover the vast majority of prescribing and covers both Primary Care and the acute setting.
- The Preferred List is aimed predominently at General Practice and junior medical staff whereas the Total Formulary contains more specialist medicines and those which are not considered first-line within a therapeutic area.
- A mobile version of the Adult Formulary is available when this website is viewed on a smartphone